Friends of Saint Conan’s Kirk
The Friends of Saint Conan’s Kirk was set up in March 2014 with the aim of preserving the heritage of Saint Conan’s Kirk, providing a focal point for the local community and to help raise funds to maintain the fabric of the Kirk and its grounds through the development of a centre for the arts and education.
We are a registered charity with OSCR and our objectives are:
- To develop a number of events and activities that attract existing, new and repeat visitors to the Kirk. We aim to increase donations both on an ad-hoc and regular basis.
- To promote the Kirk by building awareness of the Kirk and in turn increase footfall and visitor numbers
- To develop the Kirk’s attractions including the development of a range of products available for purchase on site that are of interest and appeal to any visitor
- To develop educational tours and documentation. These may involve local and national history, architecture, flora and fauna.
- To involve the local community in events, activities, volunteering opportunities and working parties.
- To contribute to the maintenance of the fabric and grounds of Saint Conan’s and so provide an ongoing cultural and educational facility for the benefit of the local community and beyond.