Priorities and Progress
In this section, you can find out more about our priorities and progress to date.
Although there is a lot of work still to be done, the Trustees and Friends have made progress with a number of completed projects, including:
2016: Repairs to Terrace Walls at sundial completed.
2017: Renewal of Library roof & chapel valleys completed April | Conservation of choir stalls & heraldic shields completed in October.
2018: Outfitting of the library and vestry interiors.
Priorities for 2019
- Conservation of the Bruce Effigy – Completed October 2019
- Conservation of the Chapel Gates – Completed October 2019
- Complete Phase 2 Roof repairs – 95% Completed November 2019
- Repair of Rose and other windows – Please donate via Cheer up a Cherub as we are trying hard to raise the funds for the Rose Window
- Remove 2 non-native Douglas Fir Trees – Grant application submitted September 2019
- Lighting project (Infrastructure and lighting of Nave and South Aisle) – Completed November 2019
- Work to improve gardens including Tesco Bags for Life grant commitments – Completed
- Fundraising towards Visitor Toilets – Ongoing
- Finalise plans for Crypt and Bruce Basement Education Room to Building Warrant – Ongoing
Priorities for 2020
- Preparation of works schedule for remaining roof leaks and wall repairs
- Carry out Visitor toilet, Crypt and Bruce Basement works.
- Further window repairs.
- Additional garden improvements.
- Begin rest of lighting scheme (Chapels, Apse and Chancel)
Priorities for 2021
- Fundraise for wall and roof repairs
A large historic building like St Conan’s Kirk needs a lot of looking after!
We rely on the generous donations and pledges of friends and visitors to fund this conservation program
We do not receive any regular funding from the Scottish or UK governments or from any Church entity. We are enormously grateful to the charitable trusts who have so far supported our conservation efforts and we hope to continue partnering with them in the future.
If you would like to receive our newsletter and updates please use the subscribe.