Priorities and Progress
In this section, you can find out more about our priorities and progress to date.
Although there is a lot of work still to be done, the Trustees and Friends have made progress with a number of completed projects, including:
2016: Repairs to Terrace Walls at sundial completed.
2017: Renewal of Library roof & chapel valleys completed April | Conservation of choir stalls & heraldic shields completed in October.
2018: Outfitting of the library and vestry interiors.
2019: Phase 2 Roof repairs (Copes, Skews and Gutters), Conservation of the Bruce Effigy, Conservation of the Chapel Gates, Lighting project (Infrastructure and lighting of Nave and South Aisle), works to improve gardens.
Priorities for 2020
- Repair of Rose window and other windows – Please donate via Cheer up a Cherub as we are trying hard to raise the funds for the Rose Window.
- Remove 2 non-native Douglas Fir Trees.
- Repair of major roof leaks in Daniel Tower and Octagonal Tower.
- Additional garden improvements and ideally the restore the crumbing terrace walls.
- If successful with fundraising then begin visitor toilets, Crypt and Bruce Basement works.
- Preparation of works schedule for remaining roof leaks and wall repairs.
Priorities for 2021
- Fundraise for wall and roof repairs.
- Fundraising for rest of lighting scheme (Chapels, Apse and Chancel).
A large historic building like St Conan’s Kirk needs a lot of looking after!
We rely on the generous donations and pledges of friends and visitors to fund this conservation program
We do not receive any regular funding from the Scottish or UK governments or from any Church entity. We are enormously grateful to the charitable trusts who have so far supported our conservation efforts and we hope to continue partnering with them in the future.
If you would like to receive our newsletter and updates please use the subscribe.